In 2011 I co-founded @oocto, a decentralized music label to help artists bypass the record labels and keep ownership of their projects. We helped 200+ artists and closed it a couple of years later.
In 2013 I jumped the fence and join The Family as part of the founding team. We backed hundreds of founders across Europe. I've had the chance witness the sophistication of the European Tech Ecosystem in terms of Education, Infrastructure & Capital.
I'm now making money online and I invest my free time writing & podcasting my thoughts on a topic that fascinates me: The Creator Economy or how an entire generation is bypassing traditional gatekeepers for the 1st time in history. Anyone can learn anything online, build something new and distribute it all over the world—without asking anyone's permission:
- 🎶 Artists get billions of listens without labels
- 📺 YouTubers build videos empires without TV
- 📻 Podcasters build audio empires without radio
- 👨🏫 Course Creators build global classrooms without universities
- ✍🏽 Writers aggregate 1000s of subscribers without newspapers
- 🕹 Streamers engage millions of viewers without sports channel
- 🛍 Shopifyers sell millions of items without retailers
- ✊ Community Builders are gathering global societies without churches
- 🌎 Indie Hackers build worldwide products without VCs
- 👌 Curators are building scalable galleries without museums
I call creators individuals who scale without permission, and I love to write, talk and think about it. If you build or invest around the topic, please get in touch: Drop me an email here, a follow there and subscribe to my Creator Economy Newsletter below!